definetrial

Mon May 7 14:21:01 CEST 2007

On 26 Apr 2007, at 14:08, Diederick Stoffers wrote:

> The CTF dataset has been modified and now contains 160 trials with
> a length
> of 3.2 seconds and two markers (stimulus onset and trialtype) at 1
> second
> into the trial as well as a marker for artefacts.
>
> Could anyone please advice what to include in mytrialfun.m ? Is it
> only
> possible to use triggers (in that case I will have to convert
> markers to
> triggers) or can I also use the information in MarkerFile.mrk? I have
> attached a trialfun.m file which holds some of the information.

Hi Diederick,

There was no attachement to your mail. Please do
   event = read_fcdc_event(datasetdir)
and then

for i=1:length(event)
   disp(event(i));
end

What you will see is a long list of events, both with type=trial and
type=trigger. So not only the triggers but also the trials are listed
as events. You can combine them: i.e. for each trial-event look into
the corresponding trigger event and determine based on the trigger
value whether to include the trial. Also marker events (which are
stored in the CTF directory in a seperate file) thaht contain
artifacts will be listed as events.

An example trialfun is on http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/
doku.php?
id=fieldtrip:documentation:making_your_own_trialfun_for_conditional_tria
l_definition

Robert