Fwd: [Fieldtrip] createlayout

Tue May 8 21:24:06 CEST 2007

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Nicolas Robitaille <enteka at hotmail.com>
> Date: 8 May 2007 17:34:46 GMT+02:00
>
> In the script "Use independent component analysis (ICA) to remove
> ECG artifacts", there is mention of the function createlayout
>
> % look at the spatial topography of the components
> % note that this requires that the fieldtrip/private function
> "createlayout" to be available on your path
> lay = createlayout('CTF151.lay');
> figure;
> subplot(2,3,1);topoplot([], lay.prj(1:151,1), lay.prj(1:151,2),
> comp.topo(:,1));title(num2str(1));
> subplot( .......
>
> However, I can't find this function in fieldtrip/private. The
> function prepare_layout.m did not create a lay.prj field. So, can I
> plot topographic map of components without createlayout? Or where
> can I find it?

Hi Nicolas

The example script refers to functions that have been updated
considerably and renamed in the meantime: you should indeed use
prepare_layout function. The output contains a

lay.pos    = [X Y];
lay.width  = Width;
lay.height = Height;
lay.label  = Lbl;

You should use lay.pos instead of lay.prj.

I have updated the wiki page with the example script.

best regards,
Robert