heart artifacts with planar transformed data

Christian Hesse c.hesse at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Tue Mar 13 15:54:31 CET 2007

Hi Juan,

are you doing this ICA on concatenated single trials of MEG data that
has been put back together with COMBINEPLANAR? And is this time-
domain or frequency domain data (output 'pow')?

Cheers,
Christian

On 13 Mar 2007, at 15:15, Juan R. Vidal wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
>         i have a general question. Is it possible to find heart
> artifacts in planar transformed MEG data? I had a discussion with a
> collegue about it but we did not get at any conclusion. I did some
> ICA on these MEG data and found 2-3 components that had a veery
> broad scalp distribution, heart like. Thanks for sharing any
> experience or knowledge about it.
>
> Best,
>
> Juan
>
> --
> Juan R. Vidal, PhD
> Neuronal Coherence Group
> F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
> Radboud University Nijmegen
>
> Kapittelweg 29
> 6525 EN Nijmegen
> The Netherlands
>
> Phone: (+31) (0)24 36 10880
> Fax:   (+31) (0)24 36 10989
> e-mail: juan.vidal at fcdonders.ru.nl
> website: www.ru.nl/fcdonders/

Christian Hesse, PhD, MIEEE

F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
P.O. Box 9101
NL-6500 HB Nijmegen
The Netherlands

Tel.: +31 (0)24 36 68293