phase locking value always 1

Sameer Walawalkar sameer at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Wed Jun 6 22:59:54 CEST 2007

Hello,

I use the following setup to calculate PLVs:

cfg = [];
cfg.ouput='powandcsd';
cfg.method='mtmfft';
cfg.keeptrials='no';
cfg.tapsmofrq=4;
cfg.foilim =[05  120];
cfg.channel = 'MEG'  ;
cfg.channelcmb = {'MEG' 'MEG'};
cfg.pad = 2.00 ;

freq_LL_Two_pre = freqanalysis(cfg,dataLL_Two_pre);
cfg = [];
cfg.cohmethod = 'plv';
Phase_neg2_neg1_LL_Two_pre = freqdescriptives(cfg, freq_LL_Two_pre)

The PLVs I get are uniformly 1.000. I am not sure what's going on. the
coherence spectra from cfg.cohmethod = 'coh' are just fine.

thanks,
sameer

p.s: On a side note, for coherences, if I use
cfg.complex = 'angle':
the phase differences I get seem to be distributed from [-2pi 2pi] rather
than [-pi pi] or [0 2pi] (I have not used [] strictly in mathematical
sense).
How do I understand this?