Converting from fieldtrip output to anatomical regions

Ingrid Nieuwenhuis ingrid.nieuwenhuis at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Tue Aug 28 16:14:38 CEST 2007

Dear Marie,

Currently this is not build in the sourceplot function yet. What you could
do is use a template from SPM and use volumenormalize to transform it to
that template. I know there is a MNI template in SPM2 (T1.mnc), but I don't
know about Talairach though. If you then use sourceplot with cfg.interactive
= 'yes' and you click on a place in the brain, it spits out a location,
which I think is then in MNI space, but you should confirm this with an
atlas because I'm not sure. I'm sorry I can't help you anymore, maybe
someone with more fMRI experience can add to this.

What I usually do is just look up the location in an atlas, the spatial
resolution is so poor that you should not report things on a mm precision
anyway.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Ingrid

-----Original Message-----
From: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf
Of Marie Smith
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:59 PM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: [FIELDTRIP] Converting from fieldtrip output to anatomical regions

I would like to take the output of the fieldtrip sourceanalysis +
sourceinterpolate functions and identify the anatomical regions that
correspond to highest activation locations. I was wondering if anyone
could tell me how to go about transforming from the results space to
Talairach space, or an alternative that would allow me to do this
easily. I have anatomical mri's for my subjects in ctf .mri format. I
noted there are some undocumented options related to this in the
sourceplot function and wondered if they could help?

Thanks,

Marie Smith
CCNI
Dept. of Psychology
University of Glasgow
Scotland, UK.

The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the
FieldTrip  toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG
and EEG analysis. See also
http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html and
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip.