one-sided clusteranalysis

Claudia Nohn c.nohn at UKE.DE
Thu Aug 2 12:35:21 CEST 2007

hi eric,
this is the code for a decrease in power, data are too large to be
attached.

   cfg = [];
   cfg.channel = {'all', '-e32', '-e103', '-e120'};
   cfg.latency = 'all';
   cfg.frequency = 'all';
   cfg.statistic = 'actvsblT';
   cfg.alphathresh = 0.05;
   cfg.clusterteststat = 'maxsum';
   cfg.minnbchan = 2;
   cfg.onetwo = 'onesided_bl<act';
   cfg.alpha = 0.05;
   cfg.neighbourdist = 4;
   cfg.nranddraws = 500;
   [clusrand] = clusterrandanalysis(cfg, post, pre);

since i rejected those three channels i have also problems
(topo)plotting although i adapted the layout-structure ('Odd number of
input arguments??').

claudia

Eric Maris schrieb:
> Dear Claudia,
>

>> i'm testing acivation versus baseline of distinct time-frequency windows
>> consisting of power-increase or decrease using clusterrandanalysis with
>> cfg.onetwo = 'onesided_act<bl' and 'bl<act',  respectively. i expected
>> to obtain only positive clusters by this analysis but most often it
>> results in positive and negative clusters. is this right? an why do
>> negative clusters reach significance in a one-sided test?
>>

> Could you send me the code and the data that you use for this analysis?
>

> Eric Maris
>
> dr. Eric Maris
>
> NICI/Biological Psychology and
>
> F.C. Donders Center for Cognitive NeuroImaging
>
> University of Nijmegen
>
> P.O. Box 9104
>
> 6500 HE Nijmegen
>
> The Netherlands
>
> T:+31 24 3612651 (NICI)
>
> T:+31 24 3610754 (FCDC)
>
> F:+31 24 3616066 (NICI)
>
> E: maris at nici.ru.nl
>
> MSc Cognitive Neuroscience :www.ru.nl/master/cns/
>

>> thanks
>> claudia
>>

>> --
>> Pflichtangaben gemäß Gesetz über elektronische Handelsregister und
>> Genossenschaftsregister sowie das Unternehmensregister (EHUG):
>>
>> Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf
>> Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts
>> Gerichtsstand: Hamburg
>>
>> Vorstandsmitglieder:
>> Prof. Dr. Jörg F. Debatin (Vorsitzender)
>> Dr. Alexander Kirstein
>> Ricarda Klein
>> Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus

> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of
> the FieldTrip  toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas
> for MEG and EEG analysis. See also
> http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html and
> http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip.

The original MIME headers for this attachment are: