Field Trip and MNE Localization

Christian Hesse c.hesse at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Sun Apr 8 11:23:20 CEST 2007

Hi Rob,

Fieldtrip (FT) is very good at source analysis in both time and
frequency domains and can supports neuromag MEG data so you should be
able to do everything you need using FT. Moreover, there is powerful
functionality for statistical analysis at the sensor and source levels.

All the relevant documentation and example script for MEG data should
be applicable to your MEG data.

Hope this helps,
Christian

On 22 Mar 2007, at 17:44, Robert Levy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just discovered Fieldtrip, and it seems like a very powerful tool
> for spectral analysis of MEG data.  Our lab uses Matti Hamalainen's
> Neuromag MNE tools to localize ERMF generator sources.  A spectral
> analysis feature is in development for these tools, but at present
> it can be done using Matlab either from scratch or potentially it
> seems with the help Fieldtrip.  So as not to attempt reinventing
> the wheel I was wondering if anyone here has used Fieldtrip in
> conjunction with the Neuromag tools to both localize MEG data and
> analyze it spectrally.  If anyone has done this already I would
> appreciate any suggestions, pointers or references to papers.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Christian Hesse, PhD, MIEEE

F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
P.O. Box 9101
NL-6500 HB Nijmegen
The Netherlands

Tel.: +31 (0)24 36 68293