Neuromag specifications in Fieldtrip

Jan Mathijs Schoffelen Jan.Schoffelen at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Mon Mar 13 13:01:01 CET 2006

Dear Jaakko,

Yes, it is possible to subsequently process your data.

Fieldtrip only needs to know how to interpret your data-matrix. So you
should create a structure, which is recognizable as a fieldtrippish-thingy.

If your input-data is defined in a matrix, you have to specify the following
fields in your input-structure:

input.dimord: this is a string which specifies for each dimension of your
matrix what it means,

If you have time-domain data, with repetitions, it should be
input.dimord = 'rpt_chan_time', with the dimensionality of your data
accordingly.
input.trial = yourdata

If you do not have repetitions, but just an average over trials,
input.avg    = yourdata
input.dimord = 'chan_time';

Next you have to define some additional stuff:

input.label: this is a cell-array containing the channel-labels
input.time:  this is a row-vector telling fieldtrip how to convert from
sample to seconds.

If you want to do frequency-analysis, it becomes a bit more tricky; you then
have to convert your data matrix into a cell-array, containing the
single-trial data Nchan*Ntime. You do not need a dimord in that case, but
you need a cell-array of vectors input.time, which specifies the time-axis
for each trial separately.

Hope this helps,

Yours,

Jan-Mathijs