Activation vs. baseline

Eric Maris maris at NICI.RU.NL
Mon Feb 27 12:01:24 CET 2006

Dear Vladimir,

I'm playing with 'Activation vs. baseline' option in clusterrandanalysis.
The problem is that my baseline is about 100ms while the activation period
is 300 ms. I cannot extend the baseline since the raw data I have is already
segmented. What is the right thing to do in this situation? Should I divide
the activation period into 3 segments and test them separately? Or maybe
replicate the baseline 3 times, concatenate and use this as baseline for the
whole period?

My advice is to divide the activation period into 3 segments and test them
separately. You can correct for multiple comparisons by using the
Bonferroni-corrected alpha-level of alpha/3.

Good luck,

Eric Maris