Activation vs. baseline

Pascal Fries pascal.fries at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Mon Feb 27 10:46:56 CET 2006

Dear Valdimir,

OK. I had been asking, because coherence (and also power) have a bias that
is sample size dependent. For those measures, particularly for coherence, I
would suggest to use equal sample sizes.

As far as I can judge, this problem is not there for amplitude.

Then it is to the cluterrandanalysis experts to help you with that
particular analysis.

Best, Pascal

  _____

From: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf
Of Vladimir Litvak
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 10:13 AM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] Activation vs. baseline

Amplitude at the sensor level.

Vladimir

-----Original Message-----
From: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf
Of Pascal Fries
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 11:05 AM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL

Dear Vladimir,

what aspect of the two data pieces are you comparing? Power? Coherence?
Amplitude? At the sensor or at the source level?

Best, Pascal

Pascal Fries
Principal Investigator
Neuronal Coherence Group
F. C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen

Kapittelweg 29
6525 EN Nijmegen
The Netherlands