tfc timecourse

Thu Aug 31 21:07:11 CEST 2006

On 30 Aug 2006, at 13:19, Dr Peter Praamstra wrote:
> However, freq and freq.freq seem to be undefined variables. Is that
> due to the TFCs being
> imported from BESA rather than generated in FT? If so, any
> suggestions as to how else to
> proceed?
>
> (know this is trivial for proficient matlab users, but possibly
> relevant for other BESA/FT
> users).

Hi Peter,
In the documentation and in demo scripts I always use "freq" to
indicate a data structure that contains frequence decomposed data
(i.e. the output of freqanalysis in FT). The variable that I
indicated with "freq" could be called differently in your Matlab
session. From the FT-BESA documentation at http://www2.ru.nl/
fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?
id=fieldtrip:documentation:integrating_with_besa

> For example, you can read in event-related potential data using
>
>   timelock = besa2fieldtrip('filename.avr');
>
> or a time-frequency estimate of power using
>
>   freq = besa2fieldtrip('filename.tfc');

I hope this helps,

Robert