artifact rejection

Mon Aug 28 21:48:32 CEST 2006

Hi Jasper
>> Second, is it possible to reject pieces of data with
>> rejectartifact that are deviant over a group of channels? For
>> example, if I wanted to use the
>> temporal channels to throw out eye blinks, can I specify a group
>> of channels and reject data pieces on the basis of some sort of
>> composite
>> z-score instead of checking data channel by channel?
> If I am not mistaken, this is exactly the behaviour artifact_muscle
> is supposed to have. It preprocesses the data according to some cfg
> (either the default settings, or those that you specify yourself),
> and computes a pooled-z-score across the channels specified by the
> cfg (default, or by you).
Just a minor correction: artifact_zvalue can work with multiple
channels, and since artifact_zvalue is used both by artifact_muscle
and artifact_eog, you can use both the eog and the muscle detection
routines to achieve what you want (or call artifact_zvalue directly,
in which case you have to specify all settings by hand).

The only difference in the eog and muscle detection routines is in
the defaults that they have with respect to the preprocessing
(filtering etc.).

best,
Robert