artifact rejection

Jan Mathijs Schoffelen Jan.Schoffelen at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Mon Aug 28 09:50:13 CEST 2006

Hoi Jasper,

Sorry for the delay, Robert and I have been on a conference.

I guess your first problem should be solved easily by trlpadsmp =
round(artcfg.trlpadding*hdr.Fs);

I will change it in the code (you can do so as well in your local copy).
Pretty soon it will show up in the latest download.

With regard to your second question:

Second, is it possible to reject pieces of data with rejectartifact that are
deviant over a group of channels? For example, if I wanted to use the
temporal channels to throw out eye blinks, can I specify a group of channels
and reject data pieces on the basis of some sort of composite
z-score instead of checking data channel by channel?

If I am not mistaken, this is exactly the behaviour artifact_muscle is
supposed to have. It preprocesses the data according to some cfg (either the
default settings, or those that you specify yourself), and computes a
pooled-z-score across the channels specified by the cfg (default, or by
you).

Hope that this helps.

Yours,

Jan-M