definetrial in CTF-file

J.M. Schoffelen Jan.Schoffelen at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Thu Jun 30 16:45:43 CEST 2005

Dear Barbara,

Please have a close look at the documentation of definetrial, by typing help
definetrial. I think it is quite clearly documented:

>>From about line 28 it reads:

% Simple trial definitions (e.g. based on a trigger alone) are supported by
% DEFINETRIAL itself. For this, the general and dataformat-independent way
% of handling trials is by relying on the READ_FCDC_EVENT function to
% collect all event information (such as triggers) from your dataset and
% select trials based on those events. This is implemented in DEFINETRIAL as
%   cfg.trialdef.eventtype  = 'string'
%   cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = number, string or list with numbers or strings
%   cfg.trialdef.prestim    = 0.300 latency in seconds (optional)
%   cfg.trialdef.poststim   = 0.700 latency in seconds (optional)

So, this is the most up-to-date implementation of the function,
You have to specify your cfg.trialdef.eventtype as 'frontpanel trigger'.
In this case it selects the triggers from the frontpanel.
Then just take cfg.trialdef.eventvalue = [6] (no ''!). What remains is the
optional time-window with respect to your relevant trigger. This is not
necessary if you have a trial-based collection, as far as I know.

The includeTrigger-field is also usable, but it is only left in for
backward-compatibility.

Hope this helps,

Yours,

Jan-Mathijs