275 CTF Channel datasets

Mon Jan 31 15:17:23 CET 2005

Hi Matthias,

Welcome in our community ;-)   I know that Tom Holroyd of the NIH and
some of his colleagues) are working with FieldTrip on 275 channel CTF
datasets, and I have also tested the code myself with 275ch CTF data.
So I guess it should work...

You could try
   hdr = read_fcdc_header('thenameoftheres4file');
   dat = read_fcdc_data('thenameofthemeg4file', 1, 600);
If that does not work, there is a real bug in FieldTrip.

If you cannot get it to work, could you send me a zip file with your
dataset, *EXCLUDING* the meg4 file. Then I can check whether the header
information is read in correctly. That is the part of the dataset that
might be binary incompatible, the binary format of the meg4 file is so
simple that I cannot imagine that it is different for your new system.

best regards,
Robert

PS pls don't send the zipfile to the discussion list, but to me directly

On 31 Jan 2005, at 8:24, Matthias Schulz wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> I am a newcomer in the fieldtrip community. My question might
> therefore be silly. Recently, I tried to load a CTF 275-channel
> dataset to the fieldtrip environment but it did not work. However, it
> worked fine with a 151-Channel CTF dataset.
>
> Does some one have experience with 275 CTF Channel datasets and
> fieldtrip? And know how to remedy this problem?
>

> Kind regards, Matthias

>    Dr. Matthias Schulz
>
>     Department of Psychiatry & Psychotherapy, Institute for
> Biomagnetism & Biosignalanalysis
>
>     University of Muenster
>
> phone: +49-251-8356651

Robert Oostenveld, PhD
F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
Radboud University Nijmegen
phone: +31-24-3619695
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/