ploting, artifacts, planar saving options, Hilbert, last mail

Teresa Montez t.montez at VUMC.NL
Tue Feb 1 17:05:45 CET 2005

Dear experts,

I have some questions:

1) MULTIPLOT

Is it possible to use multiplotER for only one dataset of on-going activity?

I tried with cfg.yparam = ´datatest´

%%%%%%%%%%%%
CODE
%%%%%%%%%%%%

cfgpre = [];

cfgpre.dataset = 'C:\Data\A002-EC_20021016_02.ds'
cfgpre.trl= [1 150000 0]
cfgpre.channel={'MEG' 'HEOG' 'VEOG' 'ECG'}

datatest = preprocessing(cfgpre)

cfgpre.yparam = 'datatest'
% field to be plotted on y-axis (default = 'avg')
multiplotER(cfgpre,datatest)

%%%%%%%%%%%
ERROR
%%%%%%%%%%%

??? Reference to non-existent field 'avg'.

Error in ==> C:\Matlab\FieldTrip\fieldtrip-0.9.4\multiplotER.m
On line 86  ==>     P(:,:,k) = eval(['dTmp.',cfg.yparam]);

%%%%%%

Then I tried:

%%%%%%%
CODE
%%%%%%%

cfgpre.trl= [[1:2]', [150*ones(1,2)]', [zeros(1,2)]']
avg = timelockanalysis(cfgpre,datatest)
cfgpre.yparam = 'avg'

%%%%%
ERROR
%%%%%

averaging trial 1 of 1
??? Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.

Error in ==> C:\Matlab\FieldTrip\fieldtrip-0.9.4\timelockanalysis.m
On line 402  ==>       dat = data.trial{i}(chansel,begsampl:endsampl);

%%%%%%
Do not know if it is just a memory problem - should not be since I choose small trials (the same to get it as average) - or if it still would not work with more memory.

Also tried with only 'MEG' channels, but same problem.

2) ARTIFACT REJECTION

I read the mail about artifact_eog.m, I am interested in the code that was not downloaded if that is possible.

And how to use the GUI artifact_viewer.m?

%%%%%
CODE
%%%%%

cfgpre.rejecteog = 'yes';

cfgpre.artfctdef.eog.sgn = 'VEOG';
cfgpre.artfctdef.eog.pssbnd = [5 15];
cfgpre.artfctdef.eog.fltord = 4;
cfgpre.artfctdef.eog.padding= 0.2;
cfgpre.artfctdef.eog.pretim = 0.1;
cfgpre.artfctdef.eog.psttim = 0.1;

artifact_viewer (cfgpre, cfgpre.artfctdef, cfgpre.rejecteog, datatest, artfctchn,flag)

%%%%%%
ERROR
%%%%%%

??? Undefined function or variable 'artfctchn'.

%%%%%

Also "z_tdata" = data set and what is "flag"?

3) PLANAR PLOT

Is it possible to save a data set after aplying the megplanar.m in the CTF ".ds" format to open it with the DataEditor?

4) HILBERT TRANSFORM

Is it possible to compute the Hilbert transform in order to make a phase synchronization analysis of the data?

5) /home/common

Is there an external path?

If you are still with me after all these questions, thanks in advance for your patience.

Best regards,
Teresa