275 CTF Channel datasets

Darren Weber darren.weber at RADIOLOGY.UCSF.EDU
Fri Apr 1 22:07:24 CEST 2005

Hi Matthias,

we have a 275 channel CTF system at UCSF.  After learning a couple of things
from Tom, I have developed some matlab code for handling this data.  I have some
GPL code available in the ctf module of the cvs service at http://eeg.sf.net -
you can get it using the attached shell script, ie:

#########################
#! /bin/tcsh
echo ""
echo "press enter at the 'CVS password:' prompt, do not enter any text"
echo ""

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eeg login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eeg checkout ctf
#########################

The data structure in matlab may be different from FieldTrip, but it should be
easy to convert to FieldTrip if necessary.  There are some easy command line
filter/baseline/plot functions.

Best, Darren

Matthias Schulz wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>

> I am a newcomer in the fieldtrip community. My question might therefore
> be silly. Recently, I tried to load a CTF 275-channel dataset to the
> fieldtrip environment but it did not work. However, it worked fine with
> a 151-Channel CTF dataset.
>
> Does some one have experience with 275 CTF Channel datasets and
> fieldtrip? And know how to remedy this problem?
>

> Kind regards, Matthias

>    Dr. Matthias Schulz
>
>    Department of Psychiatry & Psychotherapy, Institute for Biomagnetism
> & Biosignalanalysis
>
>    University of Muenster
>
> phone: +49-251-8356651

Darren L. Weber, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Dynamic Neuroimaging Laboratory, Department of Radiology,
University of California, San Francisco,
185 Berry Street, Suite 350, Box 0946,
San Francisco, CA 94107, USA.

Tel: +1 415 353-9444
Fax: +1 415 353-9421
www: http://dnl.ucsf.edu/users/dweber

"To explicate the uses of the brain seems as difficult
a task as to paint the soul, of which it is commonly
said, that it understands all things but itself."
--Thomas Willis (The Anatomy of the Brain and Nerves, 1664)