[clean-list] RES: clean-list Digest, Vol 104, Issue 7

John van Groningen johnvg at cs.ru.nl
Tue Aug 13 13:59:33 MEST 2013

On 5-8-2013 4:09, luciano.vieira.lima at terra.com.br wrote:
> Hi John!
>   I tested the solution you sent me to my question:
>   "I need a solution to compile programs in COMMAND LINE in Windows, as is
> done in Linux."
>   Your solution really works.
>   Unfortunately I expressed myself badly about what I REALLY need  to know.
>   The solution that you sent me, you  use batch-build to compile a. icl file
> in Windows.
> In this case I ever need to have also a . prj file.
> This solution does not solve my problem.
> I say this is due to the need to have .prj file before compiling a . icl
> file.
>   In my case, I want to compile an application created inside another
> application.
>   I have a program to run *. Bat files within a program in CLEAN, but, as I
> do not have a . prj file, there's no way I run the bat file.

A .prj file is just a text file. To create it you could:

- Use the CleanIDE to create an example .prj file.
   Remove everything after the line OtherModules.
   To use this file to compile another module, you copy it
   and change the name of the main module (MainModule/Main)
   and name of the executable (Global/Exec).
   You can make a small Clean program to do this.

- The CleanIDE adds default values for fields that
   are missing from a .prj file. The following .prj file
   (module_name.prj) is sufficient to compile a module module_name:

Version: 1.4
Global
	Target:	StdEnv
	Exec:	{Project}\module_name.exe
	Paths
		Path:	{Project}
MainModule
	Name:	module_name

So instead you can write a Clean program that writes such a .prj file.
Note that a .prj file uses tab characters at the beginning of a line.
Do not use spaces (except if a path contains spaces).

Kind regards,

John van Groningen