[clean-list] Conf announcements on Clean-List

Pieter Koopman pieter at cs.ru.nl
Mon Jun 8 10:15:04 MEST 2009

Hi,

a long time ago there was a discussion about conference announcements on
the Clean-list. The result was that the majority of people was
interested in such announcements if they are on topic. The topic was
defined rather broad as 'interesting for functional programmers in
Clean'. As moderator I try to filter the messages according to that
rule. If a large number of subscribers of this list wants to change
that, I am happy to do so. Possible options:
a) messages on Clean and conferences possible of interest for people
interested in Clean (the current situation)
b) messages on Clean and conferences calls with a narrow scope (e.g.
Clean or 'functional programming' in the call)
c) only messages on Clean, no conference calls at all

Splitting the list in two where the moderator decides to which list a
messages goes seems technically not that easy. However, there is the
very low bandwidth Clean-announces.
Personally I have some mail filters on 'call for papers' and 'call for
participation' etc and I apply these before the filter on 'Clean-list'
this moves at least 90% of the calls from the Clean-List to the
appropriate cfp mailbox. For me this is an excellent solution. The
Clean-List is not diluted by the calls and I have the calls also
available. Will this solve your problem Philip?

Best regards,

Pieter