[clean-list] Re: Is Clean a dead language? (Denis Smirnov)

Benjamin L. Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Mon Mar 16 08:39:56 MET 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:51:53 -0700 (PDT), Carlos Aya
<carlosayam at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>> Don't let IO monad rule the world!
>
>From recent post in Haskell-caffe
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/fa.haskell/browse_thread/thread/4373bf8adb5dff0f
>
>In there..
>
>>Lazy IO *as implemented (originally) in GHC* (and copied into the
>>Haskell standard) breaks referential transparency.[1]  Clean's object IO
>>system, I believe, would not have this problem.  Nor would a
>>well-designed Haskell IO system.
>>jcc
>
>looks like a clear window of opportunity for Clean!
>
>The thing I complain about is that if you put "Haskell mysql" as opposed to "Clean mysql" in google the relevance of results is quite different. It took me a while to find lethevert's post.
>
>Yes, this is again a 'rebranding clean' email. Have you considered close spellings like 'cleen' for example?....

Another alternative name to consider is "Concurrent Clean."

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^