[clean-list] re: Is Clean a dead language? (Denis Smirnov)

Carlos Aya carlosayam at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 13 22:51:53 MET 2009

Hello,

> Don't let IO monad rule the world!

From recent post in Haskell-caffe

http://groups.google.com/group/fa.haskell/browse_thread/thread/4373bf8adb5dff0f

In there..

>Lazy IO *as implemented (originally) in GHC* (and copied into the
>Haskell standard) breaks referential transparency.[1]  Clean's object IO
>system, I believe, would not have this problem.  Nor would a
>well-designed Haskell IO system.
>jcc

looks like a clear window of opportunity for Clean!

The thing I complain about is that if you put "Haskell mysql" as opposed to "Clean mysql" in google the relevance of results is quite different. It took me a while to find lethevert's post.

Yes, this is again a 'rebranding clean' email. Have you considered close spellings like 'cleen' for example?

Although building a community has several aspects to consider as the wiki, etc, being able to clickly search the Internet for blogs on the language you are learning helps. It's been a while since I haven't played with Clean, I confess, but the above post in haskell-caffe prompted me to install Clean in my new laptop and do some cleen again ... oh the spelling, well, just making a point. Changing spelling doesn't help with old content and is kind of starting from scratch, but new posts will point to old content, hopefully, and the recovery will happen. Just 2c, hope helps.

Kind regards
Carlos

note: tried cleen in google, of course there are pages with that particular sequence of letter, but i'm quite confident "cleen mysql" would return relevant results - at the moment google tries a correction on your spelling... hum... but results with "cleen" are listed just below.

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox