[clean-list] where are function type restrictions discussed?

terrence.brannon terrence.x.brannon at jpmchase.com
Tue Aug 26 16:00:03 MEST 2008

I thought that section 3.7 of the Clean Language Report, "Typing functions",
would explain the vertical pipe syntax I often see in function type
descriptions, e.g:

from_then_to:: !a !a !a -> .[a] | Enum a

I am confused by the pipe syntax. Where is it fully discussed with examples?
The reason I get confused is that above I see the type constructor Enum used
but below I see some function named "space" used:

wordify :: ![a] -> [[a]]	| space a

By the way, how would I find out where space is defined? It has to be in
StdEnv or Parsers, but I am not sure how to figure this out by myself.