[clean-list] how-to questions

HP Wei hp at rentec.com
Wed Apr 23 22:43:04 MEST 2008

my machine: Sun Solaris 10
clean version: binary distribution 2.2 downloaded.

--> did 'make'  (without io) in ~/clean/
--> tested compiling some codes in examples and worked.

I decide to use the parser combinator library to do general
parsing [ instead of using regex as I asked last time].
Here is what I did and please let me know how I could proceed.

* copy all files and subdirectories of Source/libraries/Parsers
  into ~/clean/lib/Parsers

* cd ~/clean/lib/Parsers
  ../../bin/clm ParsersTestware -o ptw

  It gives the error message:
  Error [Parserskernel.dcl,3]: StdMaybe.dcl could not be imported.

* check existence of StdMaybe.dcl
  ls ../StdLib/StdMaybe*

  It gives  two files StdMaybe.icl and StdMaybe.dcl

* cd ~/clean/lib/StdLib

  I see that there is a subdirectory called
  Clean System Files/

  It is empty inside.

* so the question:
   what am I missing above in getting ParsersTestware compliled?

   should I first create *.o and *.abc in
   ~/clean/lib/StdLib/Clean System Files/ ?
   If yes,  where can I find the Makefile ?
   [ I do NOT use the CleanIDE because of the missing
     /usr/openwin/ that prevents me from building CleanIDE. ]

Thanks
HP