[clean-list] Re: Linking frameworks on Mac OS X

John van Groningen johnvg at cs.ru.nl
Tue Aug 21 11:38:19 MEST 2007

Shivkumar Chandrasekaran wrote:
>I tried to go through the sources to see how to do it. Looking at tools/CleanIDE/Mac/PmCleanSystem.icl I see that the function Link needs a small modification (seems like the gnome guys already did something here too). In particular the string "-framework Carbon" needs to be replaced by "-framework Carbon -framework vecLib".

You can link framework vecLib by adding

-framework vecLib

to the text box to the right of Static Linker in the Environment dialogue
of a MachO environment (menu Environment/Edit Current).

You can create a new environment by choosing menu Environment/Edit List
and then press button Copy.

>The only problem is that I don't see a .prj file to use to rebuild the IDE? Any help will be appreciated. (Unless some kind soul tells me how to specify the flag in the IDE itself!)

It is not necessary to rebuild the IDE to link against more frameworks, but
if you still want to rebuild the IDE try project MacIDE.prj.

Kind regards,

John van Groningen