[clean-list] Linking frameworks on Mac OS X

John van Groningen johnvg at cs.ru.nl
Tue Aug 21 11:28:11 MEST 2007

>I finally noticed that hToClean was now in the Tools folder (it would be nice if there was a manual page which stated what was being shipped on each platform). However, it looks like even example_array1_main.prj will not load/work on Mac OS X. Here is the error:
>
>Cannot open file "Internal:Applications:Clean 2.2:Tools:htoclean Examples:example_array1_c.obj"
>
>I tried manually compiling example_array1_c.c, but that did not work as it seems to want a .obj file. Next I tried renaming the extension. That did not work either.
>
>Looks like I need to set something in the IDE itself?

You can modify the path of this object file in the Project Options
dialogue (menu Project) by choosing Extra Objects.

Or you can remove the path and include an object file generated by the
c compiler by adding

import code from "mycobjectfilename.o"

to an implementation module or the main module.

In the latter case the object file should be in a "Clean System Files" folder
in the search path of your project or environment.

To use a PowerPC Mach-O object file generated by gcc, use environment
StdEnv (MachO) or Object IO (MachO).

Kind regards,

John van Groningen