[clean-list] FAQ for new Clean users?

Jeff φ jeff1.61803 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 03:40:16 MEST 2007

Hi,

I started using Clean a few weeks ago.  I have some questions.  These are
the sort of questions that would be covered by a FAQ.  However, I can't find
a FAQ for Clean.  If one exists, please point me to it.

My questions are:

   1. Is there an option to get the compiler to output the inferred type
   of functions that are compiled?  Haskell has a way to query the inferred
   types of expressions.  I find it to be an extremely useful and informative
   feature.
   2. Are there any reference documents that describe the libraries that
   are bundled with the Clean system?
   3. Does Clean 2.2 support Object IO on Linux?  I've read things that
   said it isn't supported, but this referred to older versions of Clean.  I'm
   not sure what the status is for the current version?

Please excuse me if these questions are covered in a FAQ somewhere.  I've
looked, but I can't find the information.