[clean-list] htoclean sorrows

Matthew Bromberg mattcbro at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 19:26:36 MEST 2006

I have verified now that this works with both the ifort32 and the gnu
acml libraries as well as the multi-threaded atlas library that I compiled.
Thanks John for clarifying this issue.
The ifort32 and the atlas libraries (if built correctly) do not need the
cygwin.dll, which probably causes a performance hit.  Unfortunately the
multithreaded pgi libraries require the pgi C runtime pgic.dll among
others, which are not free.

I presume the atlas multi-threaded library calls close all threads prior
to returning to the caller so that the garbage collector
will not cause problems.

In summary it appears that using the gui menus to add the .dll to the
linker will cause failure, which is how I had attempted to use it.
Moreover the cleanest way to link is to use the
import code from library "atlas_library";
directive, provided that the symbol table atlas_library is in the
correct directory and can be found.

By the way, in order to get my code to see the symbol library,
libacm_library (and atlas_library) needs to be in the Clean System Files
directory.
That is the only way my installation of the IDE would find it.  I didn't
try to add it through the GUI however.

Perhaps the documentation should be updated to reflect this at some point.

Regards.