[clean-list] Computer Language Shoot Out

Philippos Apolinarius phi500ac at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 18 19:34:25 MET 2006

Hi, people.
  First things first. I am not a programmer, and do not know much about Computer Science. I am just a highschooler. The only language that I learned is Clean, because my father thinks that it helps me at School, since it is very close to math notation. I use it to plot math functions, and the like.

  Since Clean is the only language I know,  I would like it to be more popular. I checked the site Computer Language Shoot out and noticed that Clean performs pretty well. If I remove all tests with missing code or in error,  Clean comes close to be the fastest language. But Clean miss seven tests, and ends up in tenth. You people should fix the wrong programs and code the missing tests.  John van Groningen wrote one of the programs in error. Hi, John, what about fixing your code? Diederik van Arkel contribute with another code piece that ended in error. Can you fix it, Diederik? The code for chameneos, cheap concurrency,  and regex dna is missing. I hope that someone finds the time necessary to complete the list.

  That's about all.