[clean-list] Licenses

Pieter Koopman pieter at cs.ru.nl
Mon Jan 9 13:52:36 MET 2006

Hi Alex,

  04-01-2006, Alex Goldman wrote:
>Could you clarify what restrictions are imposed by the licenses of
>Clean and its libraries? I understand LGPL, but the devil is in the
>details: Is a runtime system required by the produced executables? Can
>it be linked against dynamically? What about other libraries and their
>different versions?

The produced executables do include a statically linked runtime system. The
runtime system initiates the program and takes care of garbage collection.
If you use "dynamics" a server is started dynamically. This server is able
to link code dynamically.

Anyhow, you can freely use and distributed everything. The same holds for
the libraries or new versions of it.

Does this answer your questions?

Kind regards,

Pieter Koopman