[clean-list] "dummies guide" to structuring a program for uniqueness typing

Isaac Gouy igouy2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 18:48:38 MEST 2005

I sorely feel the need for a guide to different approaches that might
be useful in resolving "attribute at indicated position could not be
coerced".

As a beginner this feels like hitting an impassable wall, I simply
don't know techniques that would allow me to restructure a program
appropriately for uniqueness typing. Is there a "5 things to check for
to resolve uniqueness typing errors" guide?

These programs on The Computer Language Shootout fail because of
"attribute at indicated position could not be coerced"

nbody
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=nbody&lang=clean&id=0&sort=fullcpu

word-frequency
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=wordfreq&lang=clean&id=0&sort=fullcpu

I've been trying to implement a Clean version of spectral-norm but
haven't found a way to resolve "attribute at indicated position could
not be coerced".

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/benchmark.php?test=spectralnorm&lang=all&sort=fullcpu

best wishes, Isaac