[clean-list] AFP 2004 - Early registration deadline extension

Tarmo Uustalu tarmo@cs.ioc.ee
Thu, 27 May 2004 22:22:05 +0300

>When attempting to build from CVS sources, I ran into this error:
>
>Generating code for backend
>Linking cocl
>backendC/CleanCompilerSources/backend.a(typeconv_2.o)(.text+0x1160): In function `ListTypes':
>: multiple definition of `ListTypes'
>backendC/CleanCompilerSources/backend.a(typechecker_2.o)(.text+0x0): first defined here
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>brent@hopper:~/projects/clean-2.1.0$ ls src/compiler/backendC/
>
>Reviewing both typeconv_2.c and typechecker_2.c I see that the ListTypes function is defined in both places.  The definitions seem identical -- should they really be in both places?
>
>Wrapping one definition in an "#if 0 ... #endif" block resolved the issue for me.

typechecker_2.c, typechecker2_2.c and overloading_2.c are not used anymore.
The corresponding object files should not be linked in the backend.a library.

Regards,

John van Groningen