[clean-list] Trouble compiling on OS X

John van Groningen johnvg@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:49:59 +0100

Stephen Dohrmann wrote:

>I have tried in vain to compile simple code using CleanIde 2.1 on OS X (10.3.2).  The IDE seems to run fine but a project update gives me a Console message:
>
>Couldn't open error file "Ex"
>
>"Ex" happens to be my machine name.  At this point there is a zero length text file "Ex" created in the Tools folder and CleanCompiler2 is hung.  I have tried lots of obvious things (file permissions), numerous project settings, renaming my machine... still have the problem.

It looks like there is a problem with the full path name of the error file
that the compiler tries to create in the Temp folder. A bug in the compiler
could cause this problem (on a Mac) if the path contains a ' character.
This bug has now been fixed.

So, if you have installed Clean in a folder with a ' in the name of
the full path, move the entire Clean folder to a directory without a
' in the path. If this is not the case, then please send me the full
path name of the Clean folder on your computer.

Regards,

John van Groningen