[clean-list] Treating Wave files and FFT

=?iso-8859-1?q?Alves=20da=20Silva=20Cruz=20Willer?= willeralves@yahoo.com.br
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:07:54 -0300 (ART)

--0-1166205831-1060193274=:27294

Hello all!

I'm starting the implementation of a program that reads and plots the waveform stored in a Wave file using Object IO. As you now, wave files are huge. The program is working but it is a lot slow. As I'm thinking of implementing ChirpZ and FFT algorithms to be applied in this waveform, I think the speed of execution will not be acceptable this way in the final program. I'm using Real lists by the moment, but I'm thinking of changing it to Arrays. But I don't know if I will gain performance improvement once the program will be still very recursive.

Has someone tried to work with large amount of data using Clean? How could be the best form to deal with it?

Thanks in advance.

Willer Alves
Uberlândia, MG - Brazil

---------------------------------
Conheça o novo Cadê? - Mais rápido, mais fácil e mais preciso.
Toda a web, 42 milhões de páginas brasileiras e nova busca por imagens!
--0-1166205831-1060193274=:27294

<DIV>Hello all!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm starting the implementation of a program that reads and plots the waveform&nbsp;stored in a Wave file using Object IO. As you now, wave files are huge. The program is working but it is a lot slow. As I'm thinking of implementing ChirpZ and FFT algorithms to be applied in this waveform, I think the speed of execution will not be acceptable this way in the final program. I'm using Real lists by the moment, but I'm thinking of changing it&nbsp;to Arrays. But I don't know if I will gain performance improvement once the program will be still very recursive.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Has someone tried to work with large amount of data using Clean? How could be the best form to deal with it?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks in advance.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Willer Alves</DIV>