[clean-list] Building Clean from Source (Win32)

Diederik van Arkel vanarkel@knoware.nl
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 23:16:00 +0200

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 07:08  PM, Brent A. Fulgham wrote:

> I have no problems building the Linux version of Clean.  But when I
> retrieve the CVS sources I can't figure out how to build the
> corresponding Windows version.
>
> Are there any instructions on how to build ObjectIO under Windows?  It
> seems like there should be some project files in the archive that can
> be
> used to drive the build.  Are these stored elsewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Brent

Not sure what you mean here. The ObjectIO in CVS is ready to use as is,
no
building required.  The only extra work involved is when you start
modifying
the *.c sources. These are compiled with VisualC and the resulting
object files
are saved in ObjectIO\OSWIndows\Clean System Files\
	I used the commandline visual c compiler or a project setup with the
correct  paths depending on my mood. Neither of these should be too
difficult
to set up.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel