[clean-list] Artificial Intelligence in Clean

=?iso-8859-1?q?Alexsandro=20Soares?= a_s_soares@yahoo.com.br
Tue, 13 May 2003 14:27:01 -0300 (ART)

Dear All,

I´m interested in the use of modern functional
programming languages in Artificial Intelligence. At
the moment, I'm trying with Clean. So, I have some
questions:

1 - Is there anyone that used Clean for Neural
Network, Genetic Programming, Fuzzy Logic, heuristic
search, expert systems or other areas of Artificial
Intelligence?

2 - How efficient are these programs compared with
equivalent implementations in C or other languages
(Haskell, OCaml, etc.)? Are there source codes
available?

3 - Is Clean (like others lazy, strongly typed
languages) inappropriate for this task?

I´m a novice programmer in Clean, and I have a last
question: How can I multiply two matrix A and B, and
put the result destructivly in another one? Something
like: C = A x B. This is important for Neural Networks
implementation.

Thanks in advance for any answer you can offer.

Regards,
Alex

Yahoo! Mail
O melhor e-mail gratuito da internet: 6MB de espaço, antivírus, acesso POP3, filtro contra spam.
http://br.mail.yahoo.com/