[clean-list] Clean Wish List: My old major wish...

F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 09:27:18 +0000 (UT)

--_----------=_1034155638206382

Valery wrote:

Well, my old major wish is:
>    incorporate the delivery of computation to another CPU/machine
>    into Clean in quite invisible manner

I back this up. Clean once had this with the {P} and {I} annotations.

The current Clean developments around explicit message passing are important to facilitate non deterministic computing, but they consitute programming in the small: When a piece of software grows past the executable boundary and starts to constitute a serious automated system, explicit message passing implicates major code overhauls (for inserting those message passing instructions), bars many cross-executable optimizations (coming soon: fusion), and bars cross-executable laziness (I think).

If we want programming in the large, we need paralellism a la Valery.

Regards Erik Zuurbier

--_----------=_1034155638206382--