[clean-list] Clean Wish List: My old major wish...

Khamenia, Valery V.Khamenia@BioVisioN.de
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:48:22 +0200

Hi CleanTeam members,

I am tracking activity around Clean for last years and still waiting with
patience for a very important thing to be done by your great team.

When a graph reduction step might be delivered to another CPU
and/or another machine?

When Clean will be as parallel as a priori it should be by nice
underlying principles?

Do you remember those fighting within imperative language
world concerning:

- "memory coherence" or about
- "thread safeness" or about
- parallelism which theoretically might be implemented as
  "every calculation of argument of a function might be
  asynchronously delivered to another CPU/machine" ?

Actually Clean language is most lucky one for having
(semi) automatic parallelism. It even has such a name
"Conqurent Clean".

Well, my old major wish is:
---------------------------------------
   incorporate the delivery of computation to another CPU/machine
   into Clean in quite invisible manner

reformulation:
   automatic forking a process (a thread) while graph reduction.
---------------------------------------

If you'd ask me: it is one of the most important features to be
brought concerning exactly this nice language.

P.S. I'd be very much sorry if it is already done by you and
        somehow missed by me.

P.P.S. thank you for Cc-ing answers to me.

best regards,
Valery A.Khamenya, an old fan of Clean.
-
Bioinformatics Department