[clean-list] Some comments...

Brian Rogoff bpr@bpr.best.vwh.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 04:29:30 +0000 (GMT)

First, thanks for the 2.0.1 release, especially the source. I know some
people complained on c.l.f. about the confusing dual license scheme, but
things are clearly getting better.

One of the things that's still a little annoying is the lack of online
HTML documentation. Any chance that this could get addressed in the
future?

Speaking of documentation, it would also be helpful if there was more
documentation of the compiler sources, and of how to extend the system
with C code, as another poster asked.

Also, I notice that several (all?) of the Haskell systems out there are
being extended slightly to support hierarchical module namespaces. This
seems like a pretty useful extension. Could we see something similar for
Clean? I prefer the Clean module system to Haskell's, I also think that
the Wirth languages took a step backward with Oberon where interface and
implementation are no longer separated, so I'm glad Clean keeps the
Modula-2 style. Still, hierarchical naming seems like a good idea.

-- Brian