[clean-list] Command Line Arguments

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:35:32 +0100

op 3/25/02 9:29 AM schreef Jay Kint op d20@icosahedron.org:

> I've tried in vain for the last few hours to determine the command line
> arguments for the command line tools for Clean 1.3.3.  While I like the IDE,
> I would rather develop in my native XEmacs environment and run the command
> line tools from a make file or something similar.
>
> I tried basically cocl <file>.icl and got the "Cannot import StdEnv", an
> error referring to that it doesn't know where to find it I would suppose.  I
> then tried all the command line arguments with the path immediately
> following such as cocl -w "C:\dev\Clean 1.3.3" <file>.icl and nothing.  None
> of them, including some that I tried on my own such as -i, yielded the
> correct directory.
>
> I then wrote a simple C program that dumped it's command line arguments and
> copied that in place of cocl.exe and cg.exe and those are apparently not run
> from the IDE.  Go figure.
>
> This is an aggravating problem that I have spent far too much time on.  Any
> help would be appreciated.  If it's not too much to ask, could you reply to
> gandalf_istari@hotmail.com as well as this address, as I am trying to get
> this to work for some parsing tools at work.
>
> Jay

Hi Jay,

as I'm at home today I can't tell you exactly what you need to do but...

1) the ide sources are part of the Clean open source distribution so you can
check out what the ide does by examining the module PmCleanSystem in the
Clean Tools/Windows directory.

2) the ide also recognizes two commandline options supporting this kind of
usage:

--batch-build <clean project>
--batch-force-build <clean project>

If you launch the ide with one of these options it will build the given
project (force build forces recompilation of all involved modules).

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel