[clean-list] Command Line Arguments

Jay Kint d20@icosahedron.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 01:29:23 -0700

I've tried in vain for the last few hours to determine the command line
arguments for the command line tools for Clean 1.3.3.  While I like the IDE,
I would rather develop in my native XEmacs environment and run the command
line tools from a make file or something similar.

I tried basically cocl <file>.icl and got the "Cannot import StdEnv", an
error referring to that it doesn't know where to find it I would suppose.  I
then tried all the command line arguments with the path immediately
following such as cocl -w "C:\dev\Clean 1.3.3" <file>.icl and nothing.  None
of them, including some that I tried on my own such as -i, yielded the
correct directory.

I then wrote a simple C program that dumped it's command line arguments and
copied that in place of cocl.exe and cg.exe and those are apparently not run
from the IDE.  Go figure.

This is an aggravating problem that I have spent far too much time on.  Any
help would be appreciated.  If it's not too much to ask, could you reply to
gandalf_istari@hotmail.com as well as this address, as I am trying to get
this to work for some parsing tools at work.

Jay