[clean-list] From a Newbie: Availability of Libraries

Adrian Hey ahey@iee.org
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:58:47 +0000

On Tuesday 15 January 2002  6:55 pm, Ric Gagliardi wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've been searching for a new language best suited to an internal project I
> have.  I got quite excited when I found out about Clean!  Based on my
> review of documentation and playing around with the IDE, it seems to have
> everything I'm looking for.
>
> I have one concern though, and that is that I can't find much third party
> support, or available libraries for Clean.  For example, I'd like to see
> some support of CGI, or possibly an example of a web server, or maybe a
> library for XML-RPC.
>
> Is anything like that available?  Or is the language still too young to
> have developed open third party support?

I'm not aware of anything much beyond what you can find here..
http://www.cs.kun.nl/~clean/Download/Download_Libraries/download_libraries.html

I think in the past Clean has suffered from being a closed source
proprietary language and consequently had difficulty attracting
enthusiastic munchkins to write libraries. I believe that situation
has changed (or shortly will change) with Clean 2.0, though the Clean
teams apparent lack of interest in Linux probably won't help much :-(

One possibility you may wish to consider is using C libraries.
There's a package called htoclean to help you here.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey