[clean-list] Problems with 2.0?

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:49:40 +0100

Unless, of course, I did something inadequate myself...

Anyway, I send this to the list, because I wonder whether I am the
only victim...

1. Clean 2 seems to have the same non-critical, "redactional" bug as 1.3 in
   the following context.

   I defined my datatype, say Vect a,
   and I compiled a lot of functions, so I profited from the report of the
   type checker in order to put the signatures in the .dcl files.
   I remarked that the compiler produces types which it cannot digest
   itself, say,
    ... -> Vect Real -> Other
   instead of
    ... -> (Vect Real) -> Other
   The current diagnosis is: "kind confusion between * and *->*", in 1.3 the
   message was different.

2. I wanted to play with [# ... !] lists, and the compiler told me that I need
   some StdStrictLists module in order to do this. I cannot find that stuff.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France