[clean-list] Communicating with other programs

Diederik van Arkel diederik@cs.kun.nl
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:57:37 +0100

Van: "Siegfried Gonzi" <siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at>

> Has anybody ever had luck communicating with other programs? Is it
possible from within Clean to call a
> foreign program? Lets say I want to communicate with Clean and Ferret (a
special program from the NOAA for
> drawing this nice graphs you  often see in climatology or in the
background of your weatherman; by the way:
> they claim that Ferret is different from other tools, because it
incorporates a little bit a functional
> style)? Ferret can call C and Fortran routines and I know from a guy that
it is even possible to call Ferret
> from C.
>
> But what about Clean in this respect? Is it possible to make a wrapper
function in C and using HtoClean for
> communicating? I have absolutely no clue (and this would be my first
experience with it).

Well naturally this is possible as the ide has to do that all the time. You
might like to tell us what exactly you
are trying to do and on which platform. I believe I already provided an
answer for the Windows platform
earlier this year here on the clean-list. You might want to check the list
archives (I believe it was a reply
to a question by Fabien Todescato). If you have any further questions fire
away.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel