[clean-list] Communicating with other programs

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:06:54 +0100

Has anybody ever had luck communicating with other programs? Is it possible from within Clean to call a
foreign program? Lets say I want to communicate with Clean and Ferret (a special program from the NOAA for
drawing this nice graphs you  often see in climatology or in the background of your weatherman; by the way:
they claim that Ferret is different from other tools, because it incorporates a little bit a functional
style)? Ferret can call C and Fortran routines and I know from a guy that it is even possible to call Ferret
from C.

But what about Clean in this respect? Is it possible to make a wrapper function in C and using HtoClean for
communicating? I have absolutely no clue (and this would be my first experience with it).

Thank you for hints,
S. Gonzi
[Ferret at:   http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/ ]