[clean-list] Generating textures in Clean

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 13:30:35 +0100

Marco Kesseler:

> For Jerzy in particular:
>
> Having drooled over the pictures in the documentation, and seeing
> that one of the wishes is loading JPEG files, I am considering
> having a look at your bmp handling code and building a JPEG-
> >BMP converter from the JPEG decoder I already have. This
> however only makes sense in case Clastic can deal with RGB
> BMPs (which I am not sure of). Seems almost trivial in that case.

Clastic reads and writes full RGB BMP files (no palette), it operates
upon a {#Char} array and the header, that's all. Yes it is trivial. I didn't
implement it not because I couldn't (I teach this stuff for years...), but
because I have *really* no time for the moment. Thank you for your interest.
If you do it, very fine. If not, this is the 14th item from the top of my
urgent stack for Christmas holidays. (PNG is 13th).

Jerzy Karczmarczuk