[clean-list] Re: Clean compiler exited abnormally

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi@kfunigraz.ac.at
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:18:04 +0200

G.W.M. Vissers vissers@theochem.kun.nl schrieb,

> which works OK. But when I put the function str1d and str2d in a separate
> module, say bla2, and try to use these in the main module by importing
> bla2, the compiler (clm 1.3.3 on Linux/x86, 2.2.16 kernel, glibc 2.1.3)
> bails out on me with

> "Clean compiler exited abnormally"

Sometimes the Clean compiling (error) messages are really abnormally.

Anyway, did you care on "implementation" *and* "definition" modules?

Maybe your implementation module needs the appropiate definition module
in order to get exported (say, imported by another module).

The Clean book and therein chapter 1.7 is crossing this topic.

S. Gonzi