[clean-list] A simple question

F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net F.S.A.Zuurbier@inter.nl.net
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:32:42 +0200 (MET DST)

Jerzy, you wrote:
========
Dear gurus.
What is a good way to react to compiler warning:
"Not all strictness information has been exported"?
========
I am not a guru, but I listen in to this list.
In my version of the compiler/IDE you can ask the system, though a menu item check box, to report only the types of functions where not all derived strictness has been exported.

In that case, if you put in the .dcl and the .icl file
fun :: a -> b
while the compiler derived from the .icl file
fun :: !a -> b
the compiler will report that.

If you then change your .dcl and .icl accordingly, the functions that call fun (from outside the mentioned .icl file) will use the strictness info for optimization.

Regards Erik Zuurbier