[clean-list] Re: Problem with "Small Examples"

Peter Achten peter88@cs.kun.nl
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:45:38 +0200

Hello Jerzy,

At 14:43 21-8-01 +0200, Jerzy Karczmarczuk wrote:
>[...] ==
>But - if I continue with my bad critical habits: could you eventually
>format the next version using fonts which scale better? The tutorial is
>not so easy to read if the page on the screen is small. I speak about
>the PDF version.
I will see how to improve the next version (the PostScript version isn't
much better...so I guess I need a better way to control the conversion of
.dvi to .ps).

>The "Clean book" is more readable from this point of view. But it seems this
>time that some of the I/O examples therein *are* obsolete...
>
>(Don't shout at me if again I keep an old version. But is there any recent
>one?
>It seems that the most recent, I-st part has been rewritten in 1999.)
You are right. We have forgotten to update this book (latest version is of
september 2000). We use this book also for lectures which are starting in
two weeks. So you can expect a new version within two weeks. Thanks for
mentioning.

Cheers,
Peter