[clean-list] Re: Problem with "Small Examples"

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:43:19 +0200

A few days ago I accused the authors of the Object I/O tutorial to
offer obsolete examples.

There was something obsolete in this business.
My documentation versions and my grey cells. I apologize.
(Moreover, instead of downloading the examples, I copied them from
PDF manually. No, I am not completely mad, this IS a way to learn
something, especially if you make errors during rewriting. This is silly,
but works for me. You have the impression that you have written this
program, and it becomes easier to understand. I have been inspired by Borges,
who wrote a story about a man who rewrote completely the Don Quixote...)

The examples I tested work without much fuss. And they work well.

Peter Achten, sorry, and thank you.

==
But - if I continue with my bad critical habits: could you eventually
format the next version using fonts which scale better? The tutorial is
not so easy to read if the page on the screen is small. I speak about
the PDF version.

The "Clean book" is more readable from this point of view. But it seems this
time that some of the I/O examples therein *are* obsolete...

(Don't shout at me if again I keep an old version. But is there any recent one?
It seems that the most recent, I-st part has been rewritten in 1999.)

Jerzy Karczmarczuk