[clean-list] Problem with "Small Examples"

Brian Wilfley bwilfley@signaturebio.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:11:49 -0700

Thanks to all for your help.  Things are going swimmingly.

By the way, after reading a little bit, I found the problem with the
Macintosh examples also.  I had not added the path to the IO Utilities.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Diederik van Arkel [mailto:diederik@cs.kun.nl]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 12:06 AM
To: Brian Wilfley
Cc: clean-list@cs.kun.nl
Subject: Re: [clean-list] Problem with "Small Examples"

Brian writes:

> On the Windows version, I've had problems running the "Small
Examples".
> I follow the procedure below:
>
> Double click on one of the small exampes: e.g. hamming.icl
> The IDE opens up with the code for hamming.icl in a window.
> Click on the "Update and Run" button.
> I get back:
> "Error: [.icl,<module>]: could not be opened"

The 2.0 IDE currently insist on having a project in order to create an
application.
After opening the code in a window you need to select 'New Project' from
the
'File'
menu and continue as before.

> PS On my Macintosh at home running OS 8.6, the small examples all run
> fine.  But the larger examples have problems loading the Help file.
I'm
> sorry I'm not at home to be able to give you a more precise message.
If
> you can get me going on the Windows problem above, I'll be cruising
for
> a while.  Thanks again.

The larger examples probably need more memory to run than the defaults
provided. Select 'Application' from the 'Options' menu in the 1.3 IDE
and
increase
the settings. If you run into similar problems under Windows then the
analogous
settings are reachable by selecting 'Project Options' from the 'Project'
menu.

Regards,

Diederik van Arkel